Hermann Area District Hospital offers a variety of Rehabilitation Services, one of which is Physical Therapy. Physical Therapy is offered to patients who are inpatient and also who are outpatient, including patients who utilize our Home Health services.
Physical Therapy works to:
- Restore function
- Improve mobility
- Relieve pain
- Prevent or limit physical disabilities so that patients can move forward in their lives
Physical Therapists provide:
- Services to all age groups, from newborn and children, to the elderly.
- Individualized combination of treatments for patient’s specific diagnoses and needs, which could include:
- Manual therapy
- Strengthening and muscle reeducation
- Balance and coordination training
- Modalities for pain and inflammation management
- Sports specific training
- Home exercise programs tailored to the patient.
- A partnership with patient’s other healthcare providers in order to maintain cohesion in the patient’s health journey.
We offer our Rehabilitation Services on the lower level of our hospital, as well as within the patient rooms, and also at patients’ homes (through our Home Health Agency), depending on the needs of the patient.
Give us a call with any questions you may have, or to schedule an appointment. We look forward to hearing from you, and are happy to help: (573) 486 – 2154.