A Good Night’s Sleep is Vital to Your Health. Let us help.
Sleep Disorder Lab
Learn more about our Sleep Disorder Lab, common sleep disorders, and if you are in need of a study:
Our Sleep Disorder Lab at Hermann Area District Hospital specializes in the disorders that affect your sleep, and can diagnose sleep problems to help avoid the health issues that sleep deprivation can cause. We have our own Sleep Studies Lab onsite, which is accredited per Medicare Standards by the Accreditation Commission for Health Care (ACHC) for the services of our Sleep Program. We also perform Home Sleep Studies if necessary.
Find out more by reading below. Give us a call with any questions you may have. We are happy to help.
Is a Sleep Study right for you?
A Sleep Study may be right for you if you have experienced any of the following symptoms:
- Sleep Apnea—a temporary suspension of breathing during sleep
- Weight issues/obesity
- Twitching & jerking of limbs/Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS)
- Heart and breathing problems
- Problems focusing and/or concentrating
- Lack of motivation
- Extreme tiredness
To better understand your needs, take this short sleepiness test (PDF). Make sure to show your results to your healthcare provider.
Pictured here is the room where you would stay if you received your Sleep Study at Hermann Area District Hospital. You will be able to sleep in a comfortable, quiet room while our specialists assess and observe you from a separate room.
If you are need of a Sleep Study, there are three types of Sleep Disorder Studies we can do:
General (Diagnostic—Overnight) Sleep Study
- Primary type of sleep study used when testing various sleep disorders.
- Also used to diagnose breathing disorders related to breathing, such as sleep apnea.
- Home Sleep Study options are also available.
CPAP/BIPAP Titration Sleep Study
- Helps to learn what adjustments need to be made on the equipment used for sleep apnea, generally an overnight study as well.
Instructions for Sleep Testing:
- Please make sure to not sleep or take any naps after waking in the morning the day of your sleep study.
- Also make sure not to take anything with caffeine in it.
- Shower and wash hair prior to the appointment and have all gels and lotions removed from hair, arms, and legs, so that the sensors are able to fit and test properly.
Our Sleep Studies are done with, and without, CPAP Titration.
Give us a call:
Sleep Studies take place 7 days a week, by appointment. For further information, please contact our Respiratory Care Department which manages the Sleep Disorder Lab by calling (573) 486 - 2145. We are happy to answer any questions you may have.